7.21 - Unto The Breach (152) (May 8, 2007)
Title: Unto The Breach
Air Date: May 8, 2007
Written by: David Babcock and Jennie Snyder
Directed by: Lee Shallet Chemel
Tuesday, May 8 at 8/7c
LOGAN PROPOSES ON THE DAY RORY GRADUATES FROM YALE "Unto The Breach"
On the eve of Rory's graduation, Emily and Richard throw her a party and perform a song in her honor. At the party, Lorelai and Christopher are reunited for the first time since their separation, and both are relieved to find they can still be friends. Logan surprises everyone at the party by proposing to Rory, but she is too shocked to give him an answer and begs Lorelai to help her decide what to do. On graduation day, Rory and Paris receive their diplomas, and Rory finally gives Logan her answer. What do you think she'll say? Meanwhile, Lorelai is embarrassed about her karaoke serenade to Luke the night before, and Luke is hurt when he overhears her saying it didn't mean anything. - Alyss@FanForum
TUESDAY, MAY 8
"GILMORE GIRLS" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)
"Unto The Breach" (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)
LOGAN PROPOSES ON THE DAY RORY GRADUATES FROM YALE ?? On the eve of Rory's (Alexis Bledel) graduation, Emily (Kelly Bishop) and Richard (Edward Herrmann) throw her a party and perform a song in her honor. At the party, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and Christopher (David Sutcliffe) are reunited for the first time since their separation, and both are relieved to find they can still be friends. Logan (Matt Czuchry) surprises everyone at the party by proposing to Rory, but she is too shocked to give him an answer and begs Lorelai to help her decide what to do. On graduation day, Rory and Paris (Liza Weil) receive their diplomas, and Rory finally gives Logan her answer. Meanwhile, Lorelai is embarrassed about her karaoke serenade to Luke (Scott Patterson) the night before, and Luke is hurt when he overhears her saying it didn't mean anything. Melissa McCarthy and Sean Gunn also star. Lee Shallat Chemel directed the episode written by David Babcock & Jennie Snyder (#2T7771).
- NOTICE - For tose in LA, KTLA will be re playing this episode on Sunday May 12 at 8pm
On Tuesday, May 8, KTLA interrupted episodes of Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars in order to bring Los Angeles viewers live breaking news coverage of the wildfire burning in Griffith Park. The interrupted episodes will be rebroadcast in their entirety on Saturday, May 12. The schedule is as follows: 8:00 p.m.: Gilmore Girls 9:00 p.m. Veronica Mars - caf123@FanForum
- Ratings - Finals courtesy of TravisYanan@PiFeedback. - "Gilmore Girls - 3.994 million viewers - 2.7/5 HH - 1.8/5 A18-49 - 2.1/7 A18-34" - gossipcom@TWoP
- Ratings - zap2it.com - "CW was third that hour with a 1.8 for Gilmore Girls," - "Gilmore Girls earned a 2.7/5 for The CW" Cappuccino@FanForum
- Ratings - "he second-to-last episode of The CWs Gilmore Girls (Viewers: #5, 3.96 million; A18-49: #3, 1.8/ 5)" - pifeedback.com
- Review - TVGuide Podcast - May 11, 2007 - MA didn't like how the Rory&Logan break up after 3 years, and neither did a lot of viewers - transcript thanks to GGAva@FanForum
- Review - "So I guess that's why I begin this TV Watch blabbing on about last week's episode. Because, let's be honest, we were served some serious filler last night, which just seems especially cruel knowing it was the second-to-last chance to soak our girls up...." more at - EW.com
- Ask Ausiello - May 09, 2007 - To much to post here but a lot of comments about the series ending also a short interview from Matt Czuchry - thanks to Lancer1993@FanBolt
- The break up - Ask Ausiello Discussion Thread 5/9 - "Here's a jumping off point for this week's thread: Could Rory and Logan's breakup on tonight's Gilmore Girls been any lamer? I vote no."
- Review - "Now that we know this season of Gilmore Girls will be its last, the already sizeable expectations for its final episodes have rocketed to unreachable heights. Those looking for an absolutely perfect Gilmore Girls send-off are likely to be disappointed. Overriding nostalgia and the last couple episodes aside, let us not forget that Gilmores seventh season has been a definite disappointment, most especially on a writing level. The dialogue has at no point reached the heights of the Gilmore Girls we love (exemplified by basically every other season, although seasons three, four and five are prime examples). As such, perfection would not be a realistic expectation. That being said, Unto the Breach was an effective and very satisfying forty minutes of television, if a little slow for Gilmores penultimate episode ever...." more at - southdakotadark.blogspot.com
- Review - "With only two episodes left to go in the series, this episode of Gilmore Girls has a lot to cover." more at - buddytv.com
- Review - "Im shocked. Totally and completely shocked. Not that Rory turned down Logans public marriage proposal. (You never want the answer to be, Will you come talk to me, outside?) No, I cant believe she gave back the ring the same day she got her diploma. I graduated today. It was supposed to be the happiest day of my life. Now when I look back on it, Im just going to think about this horrible thing that happened, she told Lorelai. So she couldnt wait one day? Guess not...." more at - Robin Honig's TVGuide
- Review - "So here we are... the next-to-last (or penultimate, if you want to use SAT words) episode of Gilmore Girls. Like I said when the show's demise was first announced, it seems like the show wouldn't be able to wrap up any of their loose ends, especially because the season was already in the can when the announcement was made. But as we found out from one Ms. Lauren Graham, chances were that the show wasn't going to come back, anyway, and the last few episodes were written to function as a season and series finale.
You know what that means: whatever grand plans Amy Sherman-Palladino, or even David Rosenthal, had to conclude the series will never see the light of day, and whatever Rosenthal and company devised for next week will have to suffice for the show's fans. Oh, well. I hope there's some sort of closure, even if that closure makes the viewers say, "Too bad we can't see what happens next."..." more at - tvsquad.com
- Recap - Thanks to iamsher@FanForum
- Recap - Thanks to 2ggObssesed@FanForum
- Summary - events in this episode courtesy of Mag13@FanForum
- Director's Cut clip - cwtv.com/video - clip "Emily and Richard sing to Rory" - youtube thanks to Pimbolina - download thanks to ~JJ_lunatic~ - transcript thanks to lancer1993@FanForum
- Pretty much the whole town is invited to Rory's graduation but then they realise it gets out of hand so it's the elimination process of who will and will not go, in the end none of them go. Don't shoot me if it doesn't come out on screen exactly like that, that's the general gist of it. - gossipcom@FanForum
- CW extended Promo - "Richard tells Lorelai she should enjoy Rory's graduation, since it's as much her moment as Rory's. Also, they extend the scene with Logan proposing he chuckles to the crowd that he's nervous and he didn't think he would be. They also flash to Lorelai resting a hand on Chris' arm while his face has a shocked look that pretty much mirrors the one she wore in Lorelai? Lorelai? In fact, the look on Rory's face is pretty similar too. A little more mouth hanging open, but still." - recap thanks to cassievalentine@FanForum - youtube thanks to pimbolina@FanForum - transcript thanks to MisMichie@TWoP
- Promo clip - courtesy Jet1945@FanBolt
- "Promo guy said, "A Gilmore Girls' special event. One journey ends, and another is about to begin." It showed the Gilmores outside (the promo shots). Then Paris and Rory hugging. There's a shot of Rory walking across the stage, then looking out at Lorelai, who's crying and clapping. Then it shows R/L in the mansion. CL are standing together, looking at them, and Lorelai says "Not here, not now" to him. Then they show Logan asking, "Rory Gilmore, will you marry me?" then Rory's surprised face." - Katiegg108@FanForum
- "The night I went to Two and a Half Men at WB Studios was when episode 21 had just started filming. They were filming a diner scene that night so even though Luke doesn't go to the graduation there's still scenes that have L&L interacting in the episode." - gossipcom@FanForum
- "Is Lorelai in those diner scenes?" - "Well Lauren was filming that night, so I'd say yes. It was the same day they filmed the Lorelai/Sookie scene at Weston's Bakery." - gossipcom@FanForum
- "...It has to do with Rory and L/C getting final closure. Or so I've heard. And yes, Lorelai is completely over Chris...." - Saranoh@FanForum
- "I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I just saw on imdb that Katie Walder is listed as Janet for Unto the Breach." - Katiegg108@FanForum
- CW Radio ad - "Lorelai and Christopher are relieved that they can still be friends when they see each other for the first time since their separation." - curlyhead@FanForum
- "...Emily and Richard singing at Rory's graduation" - gossipcom@FanForum
- Ausiello Report "Gilmore Girls Wedding/Breakup Shocker!" - Wheredidtheanvilsgo?@FanForum
- Studio Stills - Courtsey Fraz, the CW and Jet1945@FanBolt - Picture description "Unto The Breach" Logan proposes to Rory in front of Rorys graduation party thrown by Emily and Richard.
- "it seams Rory & Lorelai ride in the horse carriage" - Iolite@FanForum - original links closed due to too much traffic, links to pictures and short videos can now be found here curtsey of Anita
- "Richard's definitely at Rory's graduation...." - gossipcom@FanForum
- "...Sookie won't be at the graduation either?" - Saranoh@FanForum
- "Luke does not attend Rory's graduation ceremony." - mozzarella@TWoP
- www.thefutoncritic.com - Tuesday, May 8 GILMORE GIRLS (8:00-9:00 p.m.) Rory (Alexis Bledel) graduates from Yale in an episode titled "Unto the Breach." - SassyPaws@TWoP
- Studio Tour - "Oh yeah and on the tour we saw the party clothes for the extras and they were filming at Ms. Patty's. We also Sean Gunn, Mr. Doose (because I can't think of his name), Ms. Patty, and Lauren Graham." - rootin4ll@FanForum - "I could only see the bottom portion of the clothes they had them covered up so that they wouldn't get dirty, but they looked like fancy clothes but I'm not 100% sure. I just know the tour guide pointed them out as we were passing by." - rootin4ll@FanForum
- Studio Tour - "...the guide said that the townies are upset that they can't go to Rory's graduation. They (Babette, Patty, Kirk), etc talk about how they're not invited, in Luke's and there's a town meeting about how they feel like they should be invited. Paris and Doyle pack up their apartment (I saw all the boxes still in place after the scene). Rory tells Lorelai that Chris is coming to the graduation. Her dream seems to be in ep. 21, too, according to the guide, and he said he saw her in her Chilton uniform and a wig (that looks like season 1-3) filming in the CS. - There was filming in the gazebo around what I think is ep. 21. There was a scene inside it, but the gazebo was covered in a tent for a few days to hide whatever was being done in there. The guides had no idea was it was." - Katiegg108@FanForum
- Studio Tour - "I didn't learn much. I took a tour whether it be Deluxe or VIP, everyday this week except for yesterday, when all filming was closed. It was a holday for studio so no filming for any show or movie. I didn't see the point in going on a tour where you would see limited stuff. I did see them finish up eppy 21 at Miss Patty's Dance Studio. Now I know they may not filmin sequence, but I do know that Tuesday's filming started late and lasted way into the night." - SPA@FanForum
- "Rory wants to be independent. She tells Logan she wants to be her own person and make her own decisions." - Nicolalala@FanForum
- "...Luke is supposed to be at Rory's graduation (as in, that was the original plan). But that could easily change (just like anything else), so please don't shoot me or call me a liar if it does. Now don't freak out because I haven't heard of any changes taking place. I just know that anything is possible." - Saranoh@FanForum
- Studio Tour - "David said that they spent almost the entire week last week filming at USC for the graduation. Almost all the cast members were there. David mentioned that Richard, Emily, Lorelai and Chris were together at Rory's graduation. I asked about Luke and got a blank; then way later was told that Sookie, Jackson and Luke were at graduation too. David also mentioned that Lorelai and Chris were at Richard and Emily's for the graduation party. No mention of Luke. I finally couldn't take it anymore and asked, what is the storyline for L/L? David said: "Well, everyone wants them to be together. But I believe [he - David] that eppys 21 and 22 are a two-parter for Rory's graduation. Nothing, not-one-thing, was mentioned about a L/L reunion." - lulu1960@TWoP
- "As far as I know, Luke will still be at the graduation." - Saranoh@FanForum
- Courtesy: Fraz of FanBolt Episode 7.21 - "Unto The Breach" - Jet1945@FanForum
- Studio Tour - spoilerfix.com "According to Madeleine, a USC student, the show filmed the graduation scenes on USC's campus. The graduation scene features Christopher and Lorelai standing and cheering for Rory. Emily and Richard were also there. Madeleine didn't notice Sookie, Luke, or anyone else in the "friends" category but that doesn't mean they won't attend. When Rory and Logan break up, Rory will still be in her graduation garb and will hand him back a black ring box. He takes it and walks away."
- Studio Tour - "The flat screen is still at the CS as is the doll house and on the wall of Lorelai's bathroom is a picture that says something to the effect "Greatest Coffee Ever"" - lulu1960@TWoP
- On Location - Sarahmama at the LJ Community posted a lot but here are the bits for this ep.
"1. It is Rory's graduation and Logan plans to ask her hand in marriage.
2. He made a toast thanking professors' etc... in the end kneels down and ask her hand in marriage with a 3 carat square diamond ring...
3. she rejects....
4. Rory didn't get her job offer which makes her very upset.
5. Logan gets a job offer in NY ( I think?)
6. Rory got a job somewhere, she has to fly off immediately and called her mum and said goodbye.. thats the end.. and Luke and Lorelai got back together..." - Alyss@FanForum
- Studio Tour - "The mansion table was set for 4 for dinner; the extras were all older men and women dressed in suits and dresses and were staging in the mansion soundstage courtyard area though the actual filming was happening on the Yale soundstage. One of them was playing the piano in the mansion, so it really does work and sounds pretty good. Booze was back on the drink cart in the living room. And Paris's apt. was all cleaned out except for in the middle was a stack of moving boxes with hand-written markings saying "Books", "Linens", etc. like you would do if you were packing for a move. Made me sad. They were setting up Miss Patty's to film a night scene -hanging up the black material to film a night scene during the day. There was a sign by the high school that prom tickets were for sale. Liz's garage was set up as a workshop for her jewelry with a sign that says "Lady Elizabeth's Accessories". That's all I can think of right now." - Angel312@TWoP
- Studio Tour - "...setting up what looked to be Rory's graduation party at the mansion. She actually met one of the DAR ladies, who was very pleasant to her. There were tons of extras around." - lulu1960@TWoP
- On Location - Uscgirl@tv.com update "They were filming, so security wouldn't let you stop and take pictures, which really sucked. It was a really short sceen. The actors so Lorelai and Chris were each on one side of Rory, who was in her cap and gown. They all said "No" at the same time, not sure why, but then that was the end of the sceen. The director then said, "moving on" and the crew started to pack up to go to another location. The crew then started to tell the extras how to walk up and get their diplomas, so I think the actually graduation is the part that they will be filming next." and "...I didn't see Scott, but he might be showing up later when they film the actual graduation, or they might have already shot his part yesterday." - ergotheweirdness@FanForum
- On Location - Uscgirl@tv.com posted " Most of the time they shot at "yale", its really been at USC. The Yale Parents Weekend episode was all shot here. Anyways, I know for a fact now that Chris will be at Rory's graduation. How do I know this? Because I just saw them shoot it!! They shot at part where Chris, Rory, and Lorelai all stand together while Rory is in her cap and gown. Kelly Bishop was also there, but I didn't see Scott. He might show up later though, because after they filmed that family part, the director said that they were going to move on and the crew started to move to another location. They were telling the extras how to walk up and get their diplomas, so I think they might be filming the actual graduation part soon." 2ggObsessed@FanForum
- On Location - more pictures of Alexis on location - ohnotheydidnt@livejournal
- On Location - " my sister goes to USC, where the Yale scenes are filmed. She gets to watch the scenes being filmed, and she saw Logan get down on one knee and Rory's reaction was clearly negative (although she couldn't hear what was said). Lauren Graham was really nice, as was Matt Czuchry (pic: my sister on the left, with a friend of hers and Matt: here ...but Alexis Bledel was really rude - not replying to people who tried to introduce themselves (including a friend of my sister's...who went up to her and said, "Hi, I'm Tom" AB said "Okaaay...", rolled her eyes, and refused a picture) or giving autographs. Sorry if that offends any AB lovers on here, but that's just the way she was acting at that moment; I know it's not an accurate representation of her character." - tigerlily333@TWoP
- Studio Tour - "I don't know if anyone has posted this, but I took a tour of the wb set, and my tour guide was great. It was only myself and four others from my family, so he took us wherever we wanted. i asked him some things about the show, and he also said that Logan proposes, and that Luke and Lorelai make up. He also said something about logan living in San Francisco or them making a set for an apartment there. I didn't really know what he was talking about so I didn't totally understand it, but I think that is what the thing that Logan says about San Fransisco is." - owtpalready@FanForum - "He didn't say when it happened, but being he knew that and that they haven't started filming the last episode (what I'm guessing because they were just filming at USC) I would guess that all that stuff happens before the last episode. I don't know if it happens in the same episode though, because he never said." - owtpalready@FanForum - "Not to be a downer, but I don't know if I would take it like that. I also don't know if they are for sure building that set. I forgot to mention that the tour guide said that it looked like they were kind of wrappping things up. Very depressing." - owtpalready@FanForum
- Studio Tour - "...Jeff, took us around the Hollow and was very surprised when we came across a storage shed filled with artsy craftsy items (which I automatically assumed was Liz/TJ). The reason he was so surprised was that they had just started building it yesterday and it was already finished this morning. When I asked him about a Season 8, he told us that they originally only wanted to end at Season 7, but they are now "in talks". So I guess, nothing new there." - tazzded@FanForum
- On Location - iincluding some pictures - Heidi from gilmoregirls.org "Unfortunately, I didn't find out the name of the epsiode, but I'm assuming that it's 7.21 because everything I saw involved Yale graduation. The only cast members I witnessed filming were Alexis Bledel (Rory), Liza Weil (Paris), Krysten Ritter (Lucy), and Michelle Ongkingco (Olivia). The four girls filmed a scene together and I can only guess it was a post-graduation mini-celebration. During the outdoor scene each was dressed in black cap and gown, took turns chatting, popped open a bottle of bubbly, made small swigs, and as they walked off together someone (I believe Lucy) yelled, "To our futures!" During a different scene, Rory and Paris walked across the graduation stage and received their diplomas. In the graduation line, Paris is directly in front of Rory. If I'm not mistaken, as Rory gets her diploma her name is announced as Lorelai Leigh Gilmore." laurla205@FanForum
- On Location - including some pictures - lots of details, day and night scenes with Matt, Alexis and Liza. There is a white carriage with 2 white horses and a ring box so this sounds like the proposal or after the proposal which may have happened earlier in the day. Also somthing about San Francisco and two years. - ABitStormy@FanForum
- On Location - Pictures (these may be of the final scenes between Rory and Logan) - "Today they filmed Rory's graduation ceremony, a few locations with the whole family talking, and the last scene they shot was Rory and Logan talking alone. I was wrong about David Sutcliffe, he was in a scene with the rest of the family earlier in the day in front of the bookstore. Someone else who talked to a crew member said that the crewmember was "like mad" because he was saying he was going to be out of a job. So, now it seems like they know as much as we know. ha." - comatisedheart@FanForum
- On Location - "Gilmore Girls is back fliming on USC campus today (3/28/07) and tomorrow. Lauren was there (in a hot pink little number), Alexis, Matt Czuchry, Kelly Bishop, and Edward Hermann. No sign of Scott Patterson or David Sutcliffe. I saw some cap and gowns, so most likely the're filming the graduation scenes. Although, Alexis seemed to be wearing just jeans, uggs, and a dark blue hoodie with sun glasses, so I'm not sure exactly what they're filming. I asked a random crew member, "So they're probably not coming back next season, huh?" and he replied, "It looks like they might."" - comatisedheart@FanForum
- "I was told that R/L do break-up in 7.21. But I was not told whether or not it is permanent. So there's still hope." - Saranoh@FanForum
- "at first an R/L break-up was not planned, and then that changed." - Saranoh@FanForum
- Logan proposes to Rory, she says no and they break up.
- Ausiello vodcast - Rory and Logan so their separate ways - vaso@FanForum
- Studio Tour - tv.com - "Written by David Rosenthal and Jennie Snyder and directed by Lee Shallet Chemel." - Ciaobella@FanForum
- Studio Tour - Some kind of dream sequence with Rory's desk, also Lorelai and Sookie walk accross the street to Weston's - alcarterra@TWoP
- "...Luke will be sitting with Rory's family at graduation. He will not be sitting by himself. (Disclaimer: If this turns out to be wrong, don't shoot me.)" - Saranoh@FanForum
- "I just wanted to assure everyone that L/C's interactions at the graduation are completely innocent. So breathe easy." - Saranoh@FanForum
- TVGuide Podcast - Mar 23, 2007 - Rory invites Luke to the graduation - La Linn@FanForum - transcript thanks to lorelaisgirl@FanForum
- "I was told that she would not be flirty with him." Chris (Disclaimer: This is just one person's interpretation, so if y'all end up disagreeing with it, don't shoot me.) - Saranoh@FanForum
- "Spoiler: Luke will be at Rory's graduation" - Saranoh@FanForum
- Ask Ausiello March 21, 2007 - withbatedbreath@FanForum
Question: Do you have any scoop at all about Gilmore Girls? Amber
Ausiello: News flash: Rory isn't graduating in the season/series finale on May 8, as everyone (including me) assumed. She's graduating in the penultimate May 1 episode. And yes, Lorelai will be attending the ceremony with Christopher, so I guess you could say they're dating again. (I know, not funny.)...
NowCasting is blocking Gilmore Girls sides now with extra security but I will have them posted as soon as I get them.
Sides (when unzipped they are in pdf format)
All ? pages
|I'm only providing the sides as a single download of all in one zipped file email me is there are problems with this.
Below is a list of the sides but we have NO downloads for them.
||You will need Adobe PDF reader to view the sides.
Speculation (Below is spec based on the spoilers and what I think might happen)
|Added Month Day, 2006 - ?