6.15 - A Vineyard Valentine (124) (February 14th, 2006)
Title: A Vineyard Valentine
Air Date: February 14th, 2006
Written by: Daniel Palladino
Directed by: Daniel Palladino
WB official release for the episode with writer and director info
Tuesday, February 14
Gilmore Girls (8:00 - 9:00 pm ET)
"A Vineyard Valentine " ((TV-PG, L) (HDTV))
A COUPLES WEEKEND As Valentines Day approaches, Rory (Alexis Bledel) and Logan (Matt Czuchry) invite Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and Luke (Scott Patterson) to spend a weekend with them at Logans familys house on Marthas Vineyard. Rory and Logan have a wonderful time, but Lorelai is upset by Lukes unfriendly attitude toward Logan. Lukes attitude changes when he realizes he forgot to buy Lorelai a Valentine gift, and Logan saves the day by letting Luke give Lorelai one of the gifts he had bought for Rory. When Lorelai finally confesses to Luke that she is worried the wedding will never take place, he reassures her that they will get married soon. The weekend ends in an ugly scene when Logans father, Mitchum Huntzberger (guest star Gregg Henry), arrives and berates Logan for ignoring his responsibilities in the family business. Melissa McCarthy also stars. The episode was written and directed by Daniel Palladino
KTLA WB website
"A Vineyard Valentine" on Feb. 14
As Valentine's Day approaches, Rory and Logan invite Lorelai and Luke to spend a weekend with them at Logan's family's house on Martha's Vineyard. Lorelai is upset by Luke's unfriendly attitude toward Logan. Luke's attitude changes when he realizes he forgot to buy Lorelai a Valentine gift, and Logan saves the day. When Lorelai finally confesses to Luke that she is worried the wedding will never take place, he reassures her that they will get married soon. The weekend ends in an ugly scene when Logan's father, Mitchum Huntzberger arrives.
From TV Guide's The Hot List.
No matter how many colorful characters inhabit Stars Hollow, it has always been about our Girls. But, despite that and the usual notion that Valentine's Day is for the ladies, it's the Gilmores' guys who take center stage in this humorous (and, in one scene, heartbreaking) episode. Rory and Logan invite Luke and Lorelai to the Huntzberger home on Martha's Vineyard for a Valentine getaway. Funny, because once he's there, all Luke really wants to do is get away far away. That, and complain about Logan to Lorelai. Luke and his discomfort steal the show. Bill Ecklund
Luke and Lorelai have the wedding on their minds when they plan a weekend getaway with Rory and Logan on Gilmore Girls, on WPIX Ch. 62 at 7 p.m.
- Luke says I Love You to Lorelai! genki
- Luke and Lorelai won't getting married in this episode.
- Luke and Logan may be playing a friendly game of basketball which gets heated.
- Gregg Henry Mitchum Huntzberger is in this ep and is the reason it is being shoot out of order.
- Logan and Rory invite Luke and Lorelai to Logan's family's house on Martha's Vineyard.
- Sookie is complaining about oysters.
- Lorelai forgot to cancel the band for the wedding lead by Boozoo
- Casting Notice for 23 Jan 06.
- Luke, Lorelai and Rory are at a Spa/Jym somewhere warm
- Lorelai and Rory exercise
- Luke is complaining about the trip but Rory just wants them to have a good time.
- Editor Note: I have included the date of need for the casting. The timing is for the next episode. Episode 6.16 finishes late today. The next epsiode is most probably Epsiode 6.15 - The Location Shoot. Given post-production time requirements it cannot be delayed any longer.
Starts: 1/26/2006 - 2/6/06
Producer: Amy Sherman-Palladino/Daniel Palladino/David Rosenthal
Director: Daniel Palladino
BOOZOO - MALE / 40 TO 60 / Any Ethnicity,/possible guest star._40-60, southern or cajun dialect, leader of a zydeco band, very charactery, very upbeat, MAY NOT NECESSARILY HAVE TO PLAY AN INSTRUMENT.
Updated February 9th, 2006 - So Logan, Rory. Luke and Lorelai go to Logan's family's house on Martha's Vineyard for Valentine's day, they also go to a spa/gym. Lorelai and Rory are having a good time, Luke not so much. This ep could have turn into them getting married while away from the town, but with the latest spoiler that looks like it is not going to happen, on screen anyway. I hope Jess comes back for the wedding episode.
A recap from the sides is here, second recap of the sides.