6.13 - Friday Night's Alright For Fighting (122) (January 31st, 2006)
Title: Friday Night's Alright For Fighting
Air Date: January 31th, 2006
Written by: Amy Sherman-Palladino
Directed by: Kenny Ortega
Episode Description from TV Guide:
REVISION from Fraz
"Friday Night's Alright For Fighting" - (TV-) (HDTV)
Tuesday , January 24 2006 Original
8:00 - 9:00 PM ET
THE BIG CONFRONTATION . While Luke (Scott Patterson) deals with the reality of having April (Vanessa Marano) in his life, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) tries to pretend she doesn't mind the repercussions the new situation is having on their engagement. Rory's (Alexis Bledel) concern over Paris' (Liza Weil) lack of management skills at the Yale Daily News finally reaches a crisis point when most of the staff quits in protest. With Logan's (Matt Czuchry) help, Rory makes a valiant attempt to get the paper out on time. Meanwhile, Lorelai breaks the news to Richard (Edward Herrmann) and Emily (Kelly Bishop) that their money will no longer be needed for Rory's education, and the resentment starts to build. The subsequent Friday night dinner erupts into an emotional confrontation where all four Gilmores finally get their issues out on the table. Melissa McCarthy, Liz Torres and Sean Gunn also star. The episode was written by Amy Sherman-Palladino and directed by Kenny Ortega.
From TV Guide's The Hot List:
8 pm/ET, WB
Friday-night dinner at the elder Gilmores' is back! And what better way to revive the tradition than with an air-clearing fight initiated by Lorelai when she brings up the subject of Chris paying for Rory's tuition. "Yes, there are apparently issues to be worked out," she says, "but no one, I mean no one, is leaving here until we do!" Trust us, we're not going anywhere, Lorelai. There's also drama at Yale when most of the Daily News staff quits, and Rory must rally the remaining faithful to put out a paper, as Paris fiddles or does whatever it is she does in her office.
- Luke and Lorelai wake up in the same bed in the teaser.
- The scene where Lorelai meets Sookie at the flower market is when Sookie finds out about the wedding being postponed.
- Sookie is looking at flowers with Lorelai wedding album.
- Lorelai is looking thought the Soda Shoppee window at Luke and April, she is watching wistfully.
- Babette and miss Patty keep asking questions Lorelai can't answer.
- Rory is busy at the Yale paper when Logan walks in, she says "Oh My God".
- The Soda Shoppee is having giving away free samples of "European Hot Chocolate".
- Lorelai & Rory go to FND which end in everyone shouting at everyone else.
- There are 8 scene for FND, in one act.
Updated January 29, 2006 - In my opinion Lorelai is giving Luke some time with April, alone, But if she went into the diner I think Luke would welcome her, they could sit down and have lunch together and talk. Luke sees Lorelai and waves her in with the promise of coffee, which she can't resist. Then Anna might walked in to pick up April, Lorelai could meet her for the first time. With Emily and Richard, FND is be back on but this ends with a big fight over everything that has happened for the last 21 years.
This is a time line of the sides.
This is a summary of the sides.