- Milo Ventimiglia is still in ep 8 but it will be shown on the 8th of Nov, after a one week break for the show.
- Chris will be back for ep 9 (phone call, not on screen) and ep 10, this will cause problems for Luke and Lorelai.
- 08/10 - Well after what Milo Ventimiglia had to say it looks like Jess will be back for one episode only to stir things up with Rory and Logan. It looks like episode 8 and is penciled in for the 1st of November.
07/26 - Lorelai gets a dog this season, maybe in the first episode. Paris and Doyle are moving in together and Paris wants Rory to move in with them.
- 07/13 - As of now, David Sutcliffe (Christopher) is not scheduled to appear. Consider that bullet dodged. For now. Seeing Jess is a definite possibility early in the season, but I think we've seen the last of Dean for a while. As it is, they both have new WB shows of their own Jess, er, Milo, with The Bedford Diaries and Dean, er, Jared, with Supernatural. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
- 07/06 - Filming begins July 20. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
- 06/29 - From Amy Sherman-Palladino: "Rory faces her new life away from Yale, away from Lorelai, and living with the Gilmores. And Luke answers Lorelai's proposal." Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
- 06/14 - No official contract for Matt Czuchry (Logan) yet, but I heard producers definitely want him on for the full season. Source: Kristin on E!Online
- 06/01 - Logan (Matt Czuchry) will be back for the entire season, but I'm not sure he'll technically be considered a regular. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
- 05/18 - Scott Patterson will stay on as Luke for at least the 6th season. A deal for a 7th season (like Bledel and Graham have) is not in place yet. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
- 05/17 - Lorelai (Lauren Graham) finally fulfilled her dream of opening the Dragonfly Inn and, to the delight of women everywhere, got serious with longtime friend, Luke. Rory (Alexis Bledel) furthered her journalism career at Yale and got an internship at the paper owned by Logan's dad. Yes, that Logan (formerly Mr. Non-committal), now her full-fledged billionaire boyfriend. So what bigger news could be brought about by season 6? Well, both of the Gilmore ladies will have their worlds shaken and stirred, bonding mother and daughter closer than ever. Bring plenty of tissues and cappuccino mix because the 6th season will plop major life decisions onto their collective laps. Source: The WB
- 05/11 - Christopher will be back next season. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
- 04/06 - Amy Sherman-Palladino has already written the final scene of the show (which will be between Rory and Lorelai) even though it's not known when the series will end. She hopes to end the show with Rory's Yale graduation. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
Gilmore Girls has been official renewed for season 6, with 22 episodes. It will remain in it current time slot. Although Alexis and Lauren have 7 year contracts the rest of the regular cast have only have 6 years. It's to early to know if a 7th season is planed but Amy has said she would like to see Rory garaduate Yale which is 2 years away. With the way season 5 ended it will be interesting to see how it unfolds. She has also said Scott (Luke) is a very important part of the show and if there is a 7th year she sees it very unlikelt that he would not be apart of it. So it sounds like she will do all she can to sign him and the rest of the supporting cast for a 7th year.
Well after what Milo Ventimiglia had to say it looks like Jess will be back for one episode only to stir things up with Rory and Logan. Milo Ventimiglia (Jess) had said "I told [executive producer] Amy [Sherman-Palladino] that I would come back if they would kill Jess off. That was my only condition. I wanted them to kill my character, but they won't, so I won't go back."
From the news it sounds like Jess may be back for Luke & Lorelai's wedding. But it maybe too soon. I doubt he will be back for Rory, but if he can get her back to Yale that would be good, you never know with Stars Hollow.
David Sutcliffe (Christopher) Will be back for season 6, but it looks like not at the start of the season.
I hope after what happened at the wedding that Chris will only be back as a father to Rory and stear clear of Lorelai as a love interest. It would be a big step backwards for Lorelai if anything romantic happened between them. But with the new that he may be back later in the season it's anyones guess as to what his role could be.
Jared Padalecki (Dean) Will NOT return, he has a new show which will air after Gilmore Girls and One Tree Hill has been moved.
I didn't like how they left Dean, with him bitter and angry, the chareter that has been a big part of the show deserverd more.